Mount Dora's Wastewater Treatment Plant Smells.



To: grusauskasj@cityofmountdora.com

Letter 1


Dear Mr. Grusaukas,

 

I had to go to CVS in Mount Dora last night at 10:00 p.m.  I was traveling north on 441 and when I got to Stoneybrook Parkway there was a horrible sewage smell, even with the car windows up.  When I got to the top of the hill to the water plant the smell was enough to make you gag!  I continued to smell it all the way to Renningers.

 

45 minutes later when I was returning home and traveling south on 441 the stench was still there.  I cannot believe the poor residents of Stoneybrook are subjected to this.  What is wrong with the water plant?  I travel to Leesburg all the time and go right past their water plant and it never smells.  Mount Dora’s water plant is also an eyesore!  It is covered in black mold and looks disgusting!  Other towns have their water plants painted and they look neat and clean.   Mount Dora painted the stalls around the dumpsters in town to look nice, why are they allowing the water plant to be such a disgusting eyesore as you come to the city?

 

I hope the city gets this problem corrected sooner rather than later, it is not fair to the residents of Stoneybrook and surrounding areas.

 

Sincerely,


A resident





Letter 2


Dear Mr. Grusaukas,


I had to go to CVS in Mount Dora last night at 10:00 p.m.  I was traveling north on 441 and when I got to the traffic light at Stoneybrook Parkway I noticed a disgusting sewage smell even with the windows up.  When I got to the top of the hill where the water plant is, it was strong enough to make you gag!  The stench continued all the way to Renningers!.

When I was returning home approximately 45 minutes later the stench started at Renningers and continued all the way down to Stoneybrook Parkway.

I cannot imagine how horrible this smelled to the poor residents of Stoneybrook.  They should not be subjected to this.  There is no reason for this.  The water plant is also a disgusting eyesore as you drive up the hill to enter Mount Dora.  It is covered with black mold and looks terrible!  If you go past any other city's water treatment plant, they are painted and look very clean.  Mount Dora painted the stalls where the dumpsters are in town and leave this disgusting, unsightly place just as you enter town.

I am just thankful the wind was not out of the north last night so we did not have to endure this smell at our homes.

The city needs to get this taken care of as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

A resident

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recording Odors and More: Advice for Sullivan Ranch and Stoneybrook Hills Residents

Locations of Odor Complaints 3-03-2020