Odor Report 3/28/2020


The Daily Sludge Report

March 28, 2020
Zero Days Without A Smell Report
We vote and we talk to voters

Update:
I haven't heard from Anuvia since I contacted them last night.

Odor Reports


1:13 am The smell on Lake Ola Drive is unbearable. 10/10 see letter below

2:30 am I'm walking the dog and the smell is horrible.

5:30 am Horrible smell on Lake Ola Drive. See letter below.

9:00 am Horrible smell this morning on Earlwood!

9:30 am The smell is back, about 4 out of 10.

3:00 pm I am up in Dogwood Mountain. No smell today, it’s 3 pm. I’ll report in the future if I smell anything up here.  I’m so sorry you are having to deal with this. Tangerine is such a special area, I’m just glad you are trying to preserve its quality.

3:00-6:30 pm Lake Ola Drive, I've been outside working and I could smell Anuvia the entire time. The strength of the odor waxed and waned, but it never went totally away. The unforgettable aroma has been working out there right along with me. I'd call it a 3-5 on a scale of 1-10.

Thank you. It's all of us. Never in 100 years did I ever think Tangerine would have a problem like this. When I came home from work and drove under the canopy of trees, I used to feel that I was entering a land of enchantment. Not any more.


6:51 pm Dudley and Dora, Tangerine
6:51 pm I love the wonderful fertilizer/chemical smell in the hot early evening hours. Not!

9:15 The smell!!   Earlwood and 441 across from the feed store.🤢

9:45   Anuvia  Short video clip

10:00 Anuvia 2 Short video clip

10:00 Smell noticed at 4:32 am when I got up to let my dogs out. Emails sent. Neighbor complaining that the smell was horrible at 8:30 still. I had gone back to bed. A very quiet day in the afternoon so no noticeable smell. 9:30 pm: bad smell, 79 temps: 62 humid. SSE wind 5mph. I took a ride. Only Anuvia working.




..........
Letters


I will call him on Monday. It's good to know that of the many phone messages I made yesterday, I actually got a returned call.
..........

Recipients of the e-mail directly below


Horrible 10/10 Smell at 1:13 am 3/28/2020
Good morning,

Currently, it's 1:13 am on Saturday morning and the smell from Anuvia is blanketing Tangerine. The smell is a choking 10/10. The wind is blowing from the south (to the north, directly toward Tangerine at 6 mph.) I can smell it inside the house and it's making me short of breath. This is absolutely horrible. I called Anuvia (352-720-7070) and left a voicemail giving them the details above.

We are fed up.
We can't go anywhere due to the Stay at Home Order.
We can't work in our yards or go outside to exercise when it's present.
We know that Orange County and FEDP knows that there is a problem.
We have physical reactions to this odor.
We want action NOW.
We need your help.
We vote and we talk to voters.

I am pleading with you to either get Anuvia to comply with their consent order immediately or to shut them down. We cannot live in these conditions. I taught English in South Korea (not a place known for clean air) 30 years ago and never experienced anything like this.


Best regards,


Kitty Breed
...........

I forwarded the e-mail above to Anuvia and included the preface below.




I'm so fed up that I'm offering my house for sale to Anuvia

...........


To all concerned parties:

It is 4:52 am, 3/28/2020: temp is 70 degrees, wind S 4 mph, humidity; 84 percent. Not sleeping, stress, Coronavirus 19, quarantine order, got up to let my dogs out,  HORRIBLE SMELL at my house.
Just keeping you informed: Third time this week, varying times throughout the day and night. Spoke at length with Daniel at Commissioner Moore’s office on 3/23, and with Ashley Gardner on 3/27.
I received an email in response to a phone call from me questioning their hours  from Mr. Larson at  Anuvia; 3/23. explaining that they are working “around the clock” because Homeland Security gives them permission as they apparently play a role in the food chain.
In the Email  Mr. Larson also stated that Anuvia is starting the process of stopping production when the wind is blowing to the north prior to any inversion.  Apparently, this has not happened this week, or maybe there is no inversion and the problem is more than just an inversion situation? All I know is that I am becoming a prisoner in my own house.
As I explained to Ashley Gardner; I can no longer differentiate the smells coming from Jones Road. The only difference is that with the smells coming from Anuvia I immediately begin to get a headache/migraine.  I am allergic to something in the smell from them, I assume it is the sulfur that their product contains because sulfur gives me headaches/migraines. The label on their product says it contains 17 percent sulfur. The label also says do not inhale the product and call 911 is you do and have issues. (paraphrasing)
Full disclosure: I did not stay out this morning long enough to get a headache so I am ASSUMING that the culprit is Anuvia as admittedly they are the ones working around the clock.
I really do not care who /what corporation is causing the smell, I just want it to STOP.
I truly love living in Tangerine and have felt that it has been a healthy place to live but I no longer feel this way. Unfortunately, even if I wanted to move, which at this time I do not,  I feel I would have to disclose the smell and the increase in frequency so I seriously doubt there would be many buyers interested.  My neighbor's house is for sale so we shall see.
Again: Thank you for your attention to this matter. I hope that we can find a workable solution sooner than later.
The issue seems to have become increasingly worse since the residents of Tangerine  and Northwest Orange County have been reporting the issue over the past 10 months at least. Therefore:  whatever mitigation practices are being put in place are not working.
Sincerely,
REDACTED

Of Note








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recording Odors and More: Advice for Sullivan Ranch and Stoneybrook Hills Residents

Locations of Odor Complaints 3-03-2020

Mount Dora's Wastewater Treatment Plant Smells.